Monday, November 30, 2009

Baby Einstein

Another kids themed cake to my collection :-) Now, although there was no Baby Einstein when I grew up, I've still enjoyed watching it - Thanks to my nephew and niece in Dallas. I somehow like to watch all the fun stuff that they watch. I guess there is a little kid inside all of us or maybe like some say, I still have to ' grow' up ;-)

Anyways, to the cake now. This is a birthday cake for a 1 yr old baby boy. A front and back view of the cake below. The bottom tier has an underwater theme and the middle tier is land themed (for lack of a better term) and each have the corresponding Baby Einstein characters.


Here is a picture of all the Baby Einstein puppet/characters made for the cake. I didn't have time to shoot the figures individually so I had to crop them out and resize, hence the quality of the picture.


The famous Baby Einstein caterpillar that I made for the top tier along with the label. I really wanted to get the logo right and wondered if I should practice it first (really, drawing on paper and on fondant are different things). But I am always rushing to the last minute when I make big cakes like this. So I had to do directly on the cake and I was quite happy with the result.


Along with the Baby Einstein characters, I made other accents for the underwater tier and here they are. There were more shells and other small details but couldn't crop all of 'em. You can view them in the full cake picture.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I am sure it tasted great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://twitter.com/metaskills/status/6292415411

    comment from a colleague in response to my tweet...

    ReplyDelete