Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ace of Cakes... NOT!

If I was working for Duff Goldman (Owner of Charm City Cakes from the show Ace of Cakes), I would say it was a sports week at the Charm City Cakes bakery :-D But I haven't got the opportunity... yet. So its just another sports themed cake I made.


This cake was for the second birthday of a little basketball champ. He is only 2, but man, can he play! Every ball right into the basket. Apart from basketball, he likes Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. So, the plan was to put him in the court playing ball with his friends Mickey and Duckey.


I made a half court, covered a cake board with fondant, a basket and backboard out of fondant also and stuck it to the pole which was a dowel covered with fondant. As for the figures, I made the birthday boy and put a ball in his hands like he is getting ready to shoot and then Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Everything was made out of fondant and completely edible except for the cake board in the court and the dowel stick in the pole/ pillar. Duckey was made to look like he has his hands inside his pockets but I am not sure I got it quite right. I forgot to set it in the right position before it was late. But all in all, I loved the way it turned out and as always, I wanted to keep him for myself :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment